Monday, February 4, 2008

Quick Update

I can report that all the dialog writing for Act II is 100% done, though I'm sure I'll add the odd line here and there. The whole act clocks in at 80,028 words, which I've managed to write by my estimation in around 3.5 months. I'm exhausted I don't mind saying.

Normally, I would finish off the writing by knocking out the journals next, but somehow I just can't work up the enthusiasm for that right now, so I think I'll just dive into the scripting. When I'm done scripting what I have, then I'll go back to writing the journals and then finish by scripting those in one big sitting.

Lots still to do, but - other than the journals - all the creative "stuff" is there. Now I just need to glue it all together. Screen shots next time.

So Close, Yet So Far...
And I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout-out to the NY Giants, who are now officially the champions of my favorite sport. (That would be football, and I mean the real football!) Normally, I would never root for any NY team, but when the alternative is a perfect season and endless crowing about "the best of all time..." Well, that would have made me vomit. Thankfully, the Giants pulled it off and downed the Patriots 17-14 in what was damned near the most exciting ending to any Super Bowl ever.

It's got to suck to be the Patriots. They finished 18-1, but there's no way a single person on that team can be happy and consider it a successful season... Schadenfreude on my part to be sure.

No comments: