Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Next Chapter

Presentation Tomorrow
Tomorrow I get to give a 15 minute paper presentation about depositions of English monarchs with 5 minutes allotted to questions. Luckily, the accompanying paper is mostly finished with only some slight revisions required... unless I get ripped apart during questioning. Then there might be some major rewrites. That won't happen though.

That, however, should finish off my class requirements, leaving this weekend to work on Ossian... uh, secret things.

The Next Step
Before getting sucked in by Ossian, I was well on my way to completing the first module in my upcoming Diviner series. The scope was modest, to say the least, but it was mostly supposed to be a small effort to allow me to familiarize myself with the new toolset while providing a quick adventure for the community.

Now those objectives aren't so important, and I've found myself more and more unsatisfied with what I have so far, so... MAJOR REWRITES for "Diviner's Fire." It will need to be greatly enlarged and expanded in scope. That means it's not exactly on the horizon.

However, there's something else that's going to slide in between Ossian secret stuff and "Diviner's Fire" redux. That would be the rebirth of my cleric-based series. It was originally going to be my first NWN2 mod, and then I became so enamored with the story, that I withdrew it with an eye towards trying my hand at a novel and submitting it cold to WotC. Fifty-odd pages in, and no thanks. I'll stick to modding.

So now my first mod for NWN2 will be "The Maimed God's Saga" with the first module subtitled "Justice." Each module will be stand-alone so that I don't feel bad if subsequent modules don't get made. I have a fairly substantial design document (and fifty pages of text) for the first installment and a brief outline of the core ideas for the later modules which are now tentatively subtitled "Courage", "Wisdom", and "Glory."

The modules will be specifically made for Priests of Tyr, God of Justice, sometimes called The Maimed God. Each of the first two modules will involve you in a battle of the gods in which you, the champion of Tyr, will struggle against the forces of a one of the 'evil' deities. The third module, "Wisdom," will have a slightly diplomatic flavor, as you will need to cultivate alliances with the followers of other faiths. The fourth episode, "Glory," will be a stronghold quest which leads into a battle against a foe greater even than the gods themselves.

And that's the last I'm going to post of the last three chapters for a while. I'll update a bit about the first chapter in the coming days and weeks. To people who are interested in the other series I've mentioned previously, fear not. I still have every intention of making all of them.

2 comments:

Luke Scull said...

"It was originally going to be my first NWN2 mod, and then I became so enamored with the story, that I withdrew it with an eye towards trying my hand at a novel and submitting it cold to WotC. Fifty-odd pages in, and no thanks. I'll stick to modding."

Really?! I recall my e-mail a couple of weeks ago... ;-)

Tiberius209 said...

Yes, Luke. I kind of kept it secret at that point that I had actually been working on one. And given the subject matter, I'm sure you can guess who the protagonist of the story was VERY similar to.