Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year Everybody!

Another year older, and hopefully another year wiser. Anyway, lots has happened since the last post - all sorts of things to fill up my day. I had several days off for Christmas and the New Year, and I was always planning to do two things: 1) clean out my garage and 2) Maimed God's Saga. Then, right as my vacation started, my car decided to crap out, and I ended up having to sell the remains of what was left and buy a new one. Then my computer decided to freak out as well, so several days were lost as I tried to resuscitate it. On top of it all, my parents very unfortunately gave me the DVDs of the first season of HBO's mini series Rome for Christmas, and that has diverted several hours of my time away from Maimed God activities. As an aside, I've only watched eight of the twelve episodes thus far, but a review will follow when I'm done.

In the middle of all that, I did manage to script about 24,000 additional words of dialog as well as several associated scripts (speak triggers and so forth), wrote an additional two dialogs that I had mysteriously forgotten, and heavily edited a third that I didn't think was up to snuff. So progress was made, but not nearly what I had hoped for. Most of that work was done on the last two days of my vacation, so I'm convinced that if I could scrounge up about three to four more days of solid work, I'd be finished with the scripting at least. Unfortunately, it's more likely to continue as a few hours here and there for at least the next two weeks.

So I just blew off two load screen Sundays, or at least one - my computer was crapped out for the other. So I'll do a Load Screen Tuesday and give you two rather dark and (hopefully) moody shots. The first is the crypt below the cathedral wherein lie the remains of the Lords of Navatranaasu.

The second load screen is for the exterior of the ruined light house across Lake Navatra from the village.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy new year! Dropped by to see if everything's alright and sorry to hear about the car and pc. Rome is pretty good btw, the ending's rushed (or I should say the second season) but that was to be expected when the funding got cut (or so the story goes). I also lamented a certain change of actor in the second season, who I thought didn't really fit the part. The fact that later when watching Cranford I was accosted with images of whips and candlewax associated with the same actor whenever he came on didn't help his case, even retroactively :)