Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tancred Done; Verona Close

Act I Very Close To "In the Can!" No, not that can...
I spent more or less the entirety of Saturday - in between football games (and don't get me started about that) - fixing the cutscene I mentioned last time. That was the last piece of Tancred's path I had to finish, and I think the polishing there is pretty good, though I'd undoubtedly find something else that needed to improve if I played it over again...

So today I turned to Verona's path, and I'm happy to say that I played completely through the first time with fairly minimal problems. Indeed, I made only 36 notes, all of them minor, and most of them issues I forgot to port over from corrections during Tancred's polishing, so I know exactly what to do.

I leave you with a picture of a nice set-piece battle along the River Delimbiyr. The PC and a few sailors attack some lizardmen who have boarded the ship while Verona to the right has a duel with others on the shore. As I stated some time ago, I'm looking for every battle to be interesting and unique, and this is one of those battles that may require some thought on the part of the player.

As for the PC's armor... yeah, that's one of the 36 notes I made. Let me explain. I made a part at the beginning where the player can get a set of Tyrran chainmail, but during the Tancred playthrough, I also added a set or leather which can be taken if it is more suitable for the character's build. The leather armor looked great on female characters... and then I just took it for the hell of it during the Verona playthrough... and the nice blue leggings on the female suit of armor turned out yellow for guys! So there will soon be a suit of female leather and a separate suit of male leather... because I'm not having the manly protagonists running around in yellow leggings!

As for Ossian, yeah I don't know either. I understand there'll be a big announcement this week, but that's sounding awfully familiar now. So we'll all wait and see...

No comments: